Monday, October 15, 2007

Soul of the earth




How deep must I dig before I find something? I couldn't let that thought stay; I had to keep scratching up the earth beneath me, my mind empty and my hands full. I will break up and move this ground, inch by inch if need be, until I find it.

That's the kind of person I am. I don't give up easily, I'm not afraid of working hard or being bored. Honestly, sometimes, I just don't know how to leave well enough alone. It isn't my imagination (or at least I hope it isn't my imagination, I'm tired enough to hallucinate, honestly I am); there is a flash of light and color there, or there was, until something moved; I don't see it right now, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there, does it?

I will keep digging until I see it again.

© 2007 Cynthia Newcomer Daniel

Bracelet; sterling silver, faceted jelly opal, lampwork by Gail Kops of Beadles. Hand fabricated.

No comments: